The following are questions that help people know if they may be influenced by a term I have coined to initiate group therapy, special messages. While I consider special messages to be specific kinds of experiences that may trigger a person into alternate states of reality, the questions below are more complicated. Included in these questions are broad representations of a term I have likewise coined, divergent views. Simply put, divergent views are ideas that may come attached to a number of special messages. These divergent views may deviate from what is often considered the norm and may at times be more correct than the norm. While I would argue that special messages can happen to a person both in and out of crisis, the questions below invite people to reflect on times of crisis and tell stories.
Influenced by word of the Hearing Voices Network, I have found that encouraging people to tell stories about message crisis or “psychosis,” leads to having experiences validated and can help a person heal and reduce a sense of isolation. Though it can take some time, I have seen many people realize they are not alone for the first time in treatment hearing stories that others tell. I also believe healing involves being able to pay more attention to the processes that happen so that they can be mindfully let go of.
Thus, emotions associated with special messages can be felt without burning their way permanently into a person’s life. If emotions associated with special messages take over, divergent view thoughts related to higher power conspiracies likewise take over and can misdirect a person’s effort to survive in modern society. Thus, if people are able to be aware of their process enough to separate the special message from the divergent view, and become more aware that associated emotions are driving them in a term I have coined, sleuthing, they may start the process of becoming mindful and breaking out of crisis.
I would argue that an individual who has had special message experiences has a message profile that involves some but not all of these experiences. I’d also argue that no particular message is more or less pathological than the other. Each message is put together in different manners like a letter in the alphabet to tell the story of alternate realities and beliefs. Many of us who suffer may have become preoccupied with real issues of war, genocide, torture, apocalyptic fatalities, spirit discernment, metaphysics, social control, truth, good and evil and healing from these dilemmas may help us become very wise and valuable social contributors.
Joining a group that is focused on exploring these experiences can be fun and healing. I have been leading groups for the past eight years to put together these questions and there are still many experiences that I have heard that aren’t represented here. I also believe that bearing these questions in mind can help helpers improve their ability to connect with those in crisis. Essentially, I am hoping that these questions may help prepare a person to go down the rabbit hole with someone who is experiencing “psychosis.” People in message crisis need people who are aware of what they are going through to some extent to be with them while they are going through it. Message crisis can be an extremely alienating experience in which everyone wants to correct, rather than support you. I have been able to use these questions along with my lived experience to spark many story sessions.
Consider using the list below to spark your own conversations!
- Do other people hint at things that profoundly relate to your life as though they know everything about you as though they have been listening to wire taps or are clued in through word of mouth, or other intuitive skills?
- Do you get special intuitions based on body language or voice inflection or reading peoples’ minds that often turn out to be correct?
- Do you get uncanny premonitions from gut feelings, or intuitions that might be considered ESP?
- Can you pick up on people’s energy so that you can tell how they’re feeling when they pass by?
- Do gestures or specific behaviors of others help you to most definitely know their unconscious thoughts?
- Are things that bear symbolic meaning being left around for you to find that might be there to re-program you as if they are counter intelligence?
- Do you have odd strings of “coincidence” that link together in ways that suggest or confirm things (serendipity?)
- Do people follow you on the bus or train bear objects that identify them to you as people who are following you for better or worse?
- Are you able to instantly tell if people are either for or against you
- Are people sent to represent other people you know for a significant reason (imposters, look-a-likes, doppelgangers, agents)
- Are you profoundly affected by dreams that prophesize or reveal truths about yourself or the universe?
- Do you experience de ja vu occurrences?
- Do you find yourself reviewing vivid memories, sentences or words for hidden meanings?
- Do people use codes to communicate secret info like numbers or words; do you break words into syllables and look for punny linguistic coincidences?
- Do people have clear telepathic communication with you intentionally
- Do movies, songs or shows on the radio or TV come to take on new meanings when you read between the lines. Might they even be special broadcasts that only you get?
- Does certain forms Media contain secret coded truths that only you can understand?
- Are you touched by the truth when you read in between the lines of certain situations
- Does it seem like people are putting on skits around you to teach you a lesson?
- Is history full of conspiracies that god reveals the truth to you about because of discernment of spirit?
- Are people slipping things in your food that are taking over your bodily processes?
- Do you have bizarre visual experiences that make you think you are in a different dimension or on a different planet?
- Do you see ghosts or entities that communicate with you in ways that other people may or may not be clued into?
- Do you hear your own thoughts as distinguishable words that give personal insights into your being?
- Do you hear people you know talking to you as though you are engaging in in telepathy?
- Do your voices become familiar characters to you that you keep track of and take on personalities that you name and react to?
- Do you get physically tortured through tactile pain or sensations that function in conjunction with your voices?
- Have you ever been taught about the “I” word—illusions—which are sounds, visual experiences, sensations, smells or tastes that mix with reality, that really are there but that may become distorted to give you uncommon experiences?
- Do people make the most uncanny comments about your private thoughts or experience when pass by them talking in the community.
- Has a character on the TV starts talking directly at you referencing you by name?
- Has the sound of a heater starts turning into voices?
- Have clouds in the sky turn into visual shapes?
- Have you experienced things that are so strange it seems impossible that beliefs you hold that are unusual have got to be true?
- Do you have an uncanny awareness of or evidence of who you were in a past life?
- Do you see projected images that show you secret images or entertaining stories that give you secrets about your ancestry or aliens or the mysteries of the universe?
- Can you communicate with spirits or dead people?
- Do you sense when reincarnated spirits, aliens, or robots machines have entered modern bodies as clones?